Are you Boiling or Steaming?
At 211 degrees, water is pretty darn hot.
But at 212, it’s boiling, and making steam.
Only one degree, but there is quite a difference. While hot water is a nice thing when you are taking a shower, boiling water has a lot more potential. You can use it to cook, or to run a steam engine.
I bet you are wondering what my point is. The point is, one degree made that difference. One, just one.
Take a look at your life right now. No matter where you are, or how happy you are with it, there is always room for that extra degree. The one that takes your from hot to steaming!!
Take a look at the results that you are getting out of life. Sit down and really think about it. What ways can you add that extra degree, and “Kick it up a notch” as Emerill would say?
* Spend 10 minutes each day focused on one thing – anything you want it to be. In a fifteen years, you’ll be a bonafide expert!
* Spend the last hour before bed planning the next day. You’ll wake up with confidence and a game plan, important ingredients for a great day!
* Read one book each month that is aimed towards improving some skill or talent.
* Spend one hour each week studying up on your career field or industry.
* Enroll in a free online or live course. These can be found using Google, at local schools, libraries, etc. Not only will you improve yourself, you’ll also be able to meet other likeminded people to share your passion with!!
There are so many little things that you can do to improve your skills, and therefore improve your self. There are many things in life that we waste time on, professional and personal development are NOT some of them. Take some time to nurture your talents and your techniques.
Before you know it, you’ll be boiling!!!