How could you get the scary “C”
The Big scary term “C” could be a cause of simple day to day activities. You never realise when you could be a victim of it. The kind of lifestyle we lead today involves a lot of travel, stress, outside food and wrong habits of smoking and alcohol consumption. Sometimes we don’t hold options and sometimes we do it to give company but we do not realise it adverse effects. While we engage ourselves into such activities free radicals are formed in our body and these could be dangerous.
In layman’s language they are the like dirt particles which affect the functioning of the organs and moreover they spread like fungi, spoiling organs inside. On the other hand there are anti-oxidants inside the body which are a defence to the free radicals. These antioxidants do cleanse the body keeping malignancy away. But in comparison to the free radicals , the anti oxidants may be less sometimes leading to the big “C”…Some of the Symptoms of cancers are as follows-
1) In case of Bladder cancer: Symptoms are Blood in the urine, pain or burning upon urination; frequent urination; or cloudy urine
2) Bone cancer: Symptoms are Pain in the bone or swelling around the affected site; fractures in bones; weakness, fatigue; weight loss; repeated infections; nausea, vomiting, constipation, problems with urination; weakness or numbness in the legs; bumps and bruises that persist.
3) Brain cancer: Dizziness; drowsiness; abnormal eye movements or changes in vision; weakness, loss of feeling in arms or legs or difficulties in walking; fits or convulsions; changes in personality, memory or speech; headaches that tend to be worse in the morning and ease during the day, that may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting
4) Breast cancer: A lump or thickening of the breast; discharge from the nipple; change in the skin of the breast; a feeling of heat; or enlarged lymph nodes under the arm
5) Colorectal cancer: Rectal bleeding (red blood in stools or black stools); abdominal cramps; constipation alternating with diarrhea; weight loss; loss of appetite; weakness; pallid complexion
6) Kidney cancer: Blood in urine; dull ache or pain in the back or side; lump in kidney area, sometimes accompanied by high blood pressure or abnormality in red blood cell count
7) Lung cancer: Wheezing, persistent cough for months; blood-streaked sputum; persistent ache in chest; congestion in lungs; enlarged lymph nodes in the neck
8) Oral cancer: A lump in the mouth, ulceration of the lip, tongue or inside of the mouth that does not heal within a couple of weeks; dentures that no longer fit well; oral pain, bleeding, foul breath, loose teeth, and changes in speech
9) Ovarian cancer: Abdominal swelling; in rare cases, abnormal vaginal bleeding; digestive discomfort
10) Prostate cancer: Urination difficulties due to blockage of the urethra; bladder retains urine, creating frequent feelings of urgency to urinate, especially at night; bladder not emptying completely; burning or painful urination; bloody urine; tenderness over the bladder; and dull ache in the pelvis or back
11) Stomach cancer: Indigestion or heartburn; discomfort or pain in the abdomen; nausea and vomiting; diarrhea or constipation; bloating after meals; loss of appetite; weakness and fatigue; bleeding – vomiting blood or blood in the stool
Besides these there are more than 100 types of cancers but the most common ones are listed above. Like said before, a cancer is not an end of life, if in the initial stages it could be cured. Infact there are many organisations worldwide which provide complete support and aid to all the sections of the society. We shall now end with knowing the preventions and the organisations specializing in the field.
Entry filed under: Wellness. Tags: .