Spice up your life…
India has always earned its repute for its original and ancient spices. India is a country of varied religions and cultures where one part specialises in particular kind of food while another part has a completely different outlook. While in the north more of spicy food is cooked , the south prefers tangy but they all make the country known for what it is today. Spices are the heart of the country. But anything consumed in a huge quantity is not good.
The western countries prefer more of bland food, more grilled and baked where as we like it cooked and fried with spices that arouse the taste buds to flutter. Imagine your food without any spice. You would probably not feel like eating. Spices make you want to eat. Many a times we have our favourite restaurant because of the food and its taste. All of this is the karizma of spices. These spices if had in extreme quantities could have repercussions.
Right from your kitchen to medicinal uses in homes spices have an important role to play in different places. As India is blessed with a varied climate each of its state produces some spice or the other. Not only in India but also in some other countries spices are considered to be of great use. Apart from adding colour, flavour and taste, consumption of spices provide infinite health benefits.
-Cardamom- These aromatic seeds contain an oil that helps to stimulate digestion.
– Cinnamon- It is a common ingredient in toothpaste, mouthwashes and chewing gum. It is also useful for improving the circulation and has anti-inflammatory and blood thinning properties. Research shows that it may also help to lower blood sugar levels and so may be useful in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
– Cloves- Clove oil is well known as a treatment for toothache, and its antiseptic properties make it an excellent mouthwash
– Ginger- Ginger contains antioxidants and so can help protect against disease. It can help calm spasms and reduce flatulence in the digestive system.
– Turmeric- Rich in antioxidants, researchers have discovered that it may help in the fight against cancer.
– Peppermint- Peppermint is used to treat gastric and digestive disorders, as well as tension and insomnia.
– Mustard- Mustard is a stimulant that can be used to relieve respiratory complaint.
All these spices have amazing effects on our body and not to forget they tingle all our senses. They give colour to the food, making it look great, smell to the nose and the aroma to the taste buds. So spice up your life with the varied spices and enjoy the delicacies.
Entry filed under: Wellness. Tags: .