Beat the Heat
Summers are in and the Sun is out pawing his rays on us. Its now time to change with the changing season. It’s now time to bring in skimpy shorts and jump in the pools for some cooling. Let swimming be the sport of the season and with these come the shades of the early nineties and the cooling spree. Fashion designers are ready with their summer collections of whites and yellows and the bars are ready with their cooling drinks. While some like it the new way of sqashes and slushed ice, some prefer the old time favorites of butter milk and coconut water.
So how is it that you can get prepared to Beat the Heat this season?
Some tips to keep the heat away and cool the body
1) Eat Right– Have light meals and avoid oily and spicy food. Fresh vegetables and fruits are high in vitamins and minerals. They have an expansive effect on our bodies, which draw heat from our central organs and, thereby, cool the body. Some fruits which keep your body cool are Water Melon, Oranges an limes.
2) Dress Right – An easy way to beat the heat is to dress the cool way. Drape your body in cool and soft cottons, preferably in light colours. These would allow you to sweat less. Avoid wearing synthetic or any kind of heavy fabric. Also, do not forget to keep it loose. Avoid tight-fitting clothes.
3) Protect your skin – Sunscreen and lacto-calamine lotion are best for this season. Using sunscreen lotions regularly helps prevent suntans and sunburns. It also helps to protect your skin from harmful UV rays, so make sure you apply a good sunscreen to all the exposed areas of your body before you step into the sun. Most of us fall prey to prickly heat during the summer.
4) Time for Hair care– Our hair could change the way we look. Exposure to the sun, combined with humidity, tends to damage hair follicles and results in dry, frizzy, unmanageable hair. A regular trim will add style while keeping split ends in check. If you plan to be out in the sun, cover your hair with a hat or a scarf, so that it is protected.
5) Drink Right – Its time for some chilling drinks to suit the season are as follows-
– Thandai – This North-Indian drink is made especially when the hot, dry summer winds blow through the region. It’s a mixture of milk with certain cooling spices and some dry fruits.
– Mango Lassi – Mango Lassi is the perfect cooler on a hot day. You can add extra sweetness to it through honey.
– Lemonade– A lemon water drink with a pinch of black salt and sugar. To keep you kool and fresh.
– Jal-jeera– Jeera water, just the coolest to keep you working with energy.
So keep yourself cool and rock this season.
Entry filed under: Wellness.