Cheese!!! Yes Please
When we hear the word “CHEESE” we jump with joy and our mouth starts watering. Imagine a pizza without cheese or lasagna with only vegetables and no cheese. It would completely lose its taste and one would not crave for it. When we hear of cheese, what comes to our mind first is the fat and the weight that you drag along. But the fact is that cheese is a good source of calcium. Although many dieticians ask you to avoid it, there are many who would recommend it consume it regularly to ensure you do not lose the glow while losing the weight. Cheese in huge amounts could add to the fattening and the cholesterol but if had in moderate quantities, its extremely good for the skin and the natural glow.
Some of the major benefits of cheese are as follows-
- Good for the Teeth: Cheese is an extremely high dose of calcium, the first and foremost thing they strengthen the teeth. Moreover, it is very low in lactose content. The older the cheese, the lower is the lactose content. This also is beneficial for the teeth as any form of sugar (glucose, maltose or lactose) in food stuff harms teeth.
- Good for Bones : Apart from having very high calcium content, cheese is also rich in vitamin-B, which is very good for children, women (particularly pregnant and lactating) and elderly people, for formation and strengthening of bones and cartilages. The vitamin-B here aids proper absorption and distribution of calcium. So it evades away the chances of osteoporoses.
- Helps in Weight Gain: Cheese is an excellent food for gaining weight. They are full of proteins, fats, calcium, vitamins and minerals. You have proteins for muscles, fats for fats, calcium for heavier and stronger bones and vitamins and minerals for better metabolism.
- Good during Pregnancy- Calcium-rich foods like cheese are great for pregnant women. One of the biggest benefits is that it can help stimulate contractions when it’s time for the baby to come.
- Good for the Skin – Cheese is a product that contains B vitamins. B vitamins are good for maintaining a healthy and a glowing skin
- Good for regular Migraines – Getting enough calcium has been shown to reduce the problems that people have with migraines
Over the globe we have different kinds of cheese and their cuts and making styles. While some European countries follow the old styles, some have adopted the new methods of fertilizing. So instead of running away, try tasting the different types to decide which one suits your taste buds.
Entry filed under: Wellness.